About the team
383’s Innovation Programme team helps big companies to define, design and operationalise both internal and external innovation initiatives. This helps them to have a more repeatable long term approach to innovation coming from inside the business but might also help them to get closer to useful and potentially disruptive new start ups outside of their business. This might result in a new business model to take to market, a new piece of start up technology to pilot or an improvement in customer experience.
About the role
383’s Innovation Manager will be responsible for working with our Business Development, Client Services and Strategy teams to design proprietary programmes for our clients, helping them to operationalise and ensure that they are producing the breakthroughs our clients expect in terms of new revenue opportunities, improvements in CX or start-up partnerships.
You’ll initially work to develop the value proposition for the Innovation programme, and use this to successfully onboard new clients into the programme. In the medium term you’ll be a billable resource leading the programmes inside 383 with their relevant agency pods. This is an opportunity to create an entire product from scratch, mapping out how the Innovation programme will work, communicating with clients, onboarding start-ups, collaborating with software partners to implement innovation management systems, executing workshops with the Strategy team, and reporting frequently to the Commercial Director on the progress of programmes across our clients.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Selling in our Innovation Programme proposition to new and existing clients.
- Working with agency pod teams to ensure the commercial success of the programmes for our clients and 383.
- Liaising with key client stakeholders on implementation of internal and external programmes.
- Leading ‘Lab’ thought leadership within 383 and supporting marketing team on sharing our point of view.
- Identifying and attracting key programme partners (such as start ups) to onboard and embed them into the programmes.
- Holding weekly, monthly and quarterly programme reviews with clients.
- 3 Years + experience of working on both internal and external digital innovation programmes with clients.
- 2 Years + experience in a commercial environment, either in a sales or business development function.
- Have worked extensively with tech start-ups and successfully matched them with the programmes they were most likely to engage with.
- Successfully sold in several innovation programmes with distinction to Senior level Executives
- Led on several innovation programmes, with demonstrable success through both launch and commercial return to client.
- Strong point of view on what makes innovation programmes successful, both internal and external.
- The ability to tailor a broad solution to specific client needs and sell this in autonomously .
- Commerciality to be able to realise long term revenue from clients outside of the core innovation programmes (prototyping with wider 383 team for example).
- Reporting skills to be able to measure and communicate the economical impact of innovation programmes.
- People skills to be able to bring many different 383 and client stakeholders together
- Agility to move efficiently from selling to operationalizing and back again.
- Work autonomously and shape a new role, product, and ultimately direction.
- Able to sell independently and in strong partnership with commercial leadership
- Entrepreneurial - Self starting, and continually reviewing the business model to ensure strong market traction
- Inquisitive - To want to break down barriers, and reimagine how brands operate
- Commercial - Focused on the motivations of our clients to buy and recommission innovation programmes
- Patient - To break the status quo and take brands in a disruptive direction out of their comfort zone
We’d love it if you…
- Had experience running and working in Lab environments
- Understood software solutions that can help manage the process
There’s loads of great reasons to become a 383er. Alongside our annual 383 weekender, we hold regular company training days, 383 Labs days, share breakfast and wind-down drinks on Fridays, and have unlimited coffee and snacks to keep us going through the working week.
There’s also flexible working hours, your birthday off [because no one wants to work on their birthday], comprehensive health plan and a monthly benefit budget to spend on whatever you like, such as the gym, Netflix, Spotify or shopping vouchers.
Just to let you know...
We're thrilled with the applications we receive for our roles, and love taking the time to review them, but unfortunately we’re not able reach out to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application we’ll definitely be in contact with you!
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!