Senior Finance Manager
About the team
383’s Finance team lead on accountancy, budgeting and cashflow management for the business, ensuring a business model is devised and adhered to, and providing consultancy and decisions to the leadership team when alterations are required. Their remit covers multiple areas, inclusive of monthly and annual accounts, bookkeeping of all transactions, regular budgeting and forecasting and contract management.
With a natural alignment to business operations, they are responsible for revenue recognition and sales ledgers alignment with the value of work agreed and delivered, and ensuring that all supporting activities for our delivery programmes are completed, inclusive of payment runs, credit maintenance and general banking.
About the role
We’re looking for a enthusiastic and action-orientated Senior Finance Manager to join our growing digital studio team. Reporting into our Managing Partner, you will assume overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of the company strategy, analysing figures and implementing recommendations to achieve the most profitable outcome against our vision.
As the lead of a busy team, you will form strong alliances with 383’s functional leads and our clients to deliver against 383’s business strategy, advising on strong commercials, contracts and operating practice. Working alongside the Operations and Productions team, you will devise scalable financial procedures and supporting policies, ensuring maximum adherance across the business to achieve efficiencies and strong auditability across all purchasing, invoicing and payments workflows.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Producing detailed Shareholder Board Pack on a monthly basis, providing commentary and assisting the business in making sure we’re an efficient and profitable business.
- Working with the Board to ensure their medium to long term business strategy is on track and assisting with ad-hoc projects.
- Lead on annual budgeting program, performing a full analysis of income and expenditure and compiling recommendations for the new fiscal year
- Maintenance of all budget channels and reporting to budget holders of current status and spend strategy
- Preparing and submitting Management Accounts on a monthly and ad-hoc basis when requested
- Governance of company expenses program, inclusive of personal and client chargeable reimbursement
- Consistent review of financial operation procedures and working with Operations Director and Product Director to roll out new efficiency initiatives
- Maintenance of standard finance duties inclusive of payroll, pensions, balance sheet and cash flow compilation
- Management and personal development of all junior members of the Finance team
- Minimum five years experience in financial operations
- Significant experience of working with company board and submitting of scheduled and adhoc reports, including annual budget and management accounts
- Ran a fast-paced Accounts Payable/Receivable operation, demonstrably optimized to maximum efficiency
- Consistently overseen staff reimbursement and compensation programmes, including payroll, pensions, benefits, bonus and expenses schemes
- Have lead and developed a team, assuming all recruitment, appraisal and review duties
- Excellent communicator with all levels of staff, speaking with clarity and confidence whether addressing the board or newest member of staff
- Exceptional accounting skills, in the detail of company finances and at commercial level
- Confident advising strategically, using data banks to determine the best path of growth for the business
- Lead by example during busier periods such as month end, year end and annual budgeting, ensuring that all deadlines are met and reporting output is as robust as possible
- Strong leader with the ability to highly motivate a junior team and forge a clear development path for them in terms of skills and accreditation to build out a highly scalable and smooth running finance team
- Superb analytical acumen, comfortable mining and interrogating extensive data sets and drawing conclusions to recommend best operating practice for the company
- Analytical - There is no data set too big or small to find the answers needed
- Approachable - You work at the heart of the business, and are comfortable with scheduled and ad-hoc activities
- Implementer - You love rolling out new processes and systems to improve business efficiency
- Punctual - You live and breathe deadlines
- Solutions-Orientated - You make it your personal responsibility to find the answers and recommend a course of action
We’d love it if you…
- Are a digital native and have a strong interest in the world of tomorrow
- Have worked extensively in an agency environment, with significant exposure to their digital operations
- Have worked within and scaled through a start-up environment
- Have used and configured multiple software platforms used to run financial processes
- Are bi-lingual
There’s loads of great reasons to become a 383er. Alongside our annual 383 weekender, we hold regular company training days, 383 Labs days, share breakfast and wind-down drinks on Fridays, and have unlimited coffee and snacks to keep us going through the working week.
There’s also flexible working hours, your birthday off [because no-one wants to work on their birthday], comprehensive health plan and a monthly benefit budget to spend on whatever you like, such as the gym, Netflix, Spotify or shopping vouchers.
Just to let you know...
We're thrilled with the applications we receive for our roles, and love taking the time to review them, but unfortunately we’re not able reach out to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application we’ll definitely be in contact with you!
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!