Head of Project Management
About the team
383’s Project Management team plan, coordinate and deliver all of our closed sales opportunities, collaborating with our Strategy, Design and Engineering teams to execute digital projects to brief and on time.
They are responsible for planning resources, securing estimates, client communication and leading projects from the front to ensure both high quality and delivery to agreed scope. Comfortable in both agile and waterfall methodologies, the team is highly versatile, utilizing numerous software platforms and being responsible for revenue recognition and reporting to 383’s leadership team.
About the role
We're looking for a highly energetic and ambitious Head of Project Management to join our growing digital studio team. Working closely with our Commercial team and Product Director, you will take the lead on large-scale digital projects and new business opportunities, bringing your experience to the fore to successfully navigate projects through concept, design, prototype, development and implementation. A keen adopter of multiple project management methodologies, you will be versatile enough to manage multiple projects and clients simultaneously, successfully planning, prioritising and leading across all deliverables and resources within a programme of work.
You will be our benchmark project manager, defining best practice and leading by example, as well as providing support mentorship for our existing Project Management team and new starters. You will be responsible for working with the Product Director to iteratively and positively shape our studio operations for both people and processes, providing a bottom-down approach to complement their top-down approach. You will be recognised as the go-to project manager for complex and tactical problem solving, and have full confidence in representing the Project Management team internally and externally.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Confidently leading projects - from managing clients, schedules, budgets, assets and adhering to scope.
- Using meticulous attention to detail and organisation.
- Strong alignment with client side product owners, and internal strategy and creative teams, to produce innovative and scalable digital products.
- Being highly motivated and energetic, transmitting this through into project teams to produce work of the highest quality that 383 are known for.
- Being decisive and solutions-minded, able to progress a situation forward independently with ease.
- Presenting confidently, and with vision, in front of clients and internal teams, including senior management.
- Comfortably challenging the status quo with new ideas but also able to successfully implement them.
- 5 years experience in digital project management.
- Worked in a digital agency for an extensive period.
- Have demonstrably used multiple project methodologies.
- Successfully delivered multiple projects over £100,000 in value.
- Led a team of Project Managers.
- Exposure to software including Jira, Confluence, SmartSheet, Synergist or other similar project management support tools.
- Accreditation in Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects and working with different project teams simultaneously.
- Commercially focused, working closely with both Client Services and Sales team and able to speak with confidence and direction at client level.
- Able to lead a team confidently from the front, providing direction and arranging resources to support client and business objectives.
- Can develop a team, identifying training and career objectives to support.
- Calm - solutions-focused in all scenarios.
- Thinker - approach opportunities logically and with a scalable approach.
- Rigour - you are a lover of strong administration and value organization.
- Positive - no challenge is too big or small for you.
- Energy - you bring bags of it every day, the only way is forward!
We’d love it if you…
- Have been an agile coach in your previous roles.
- Previously led on significant business transformation, via software, process or organizational design.
- Worked in a start-up and corporate environment and can bring sensibilities from both with you.
There’s loads of great reasons to become a 383er. Alongside our annual 383 weekender, we hold regular company training days, 383 Labs days, share breakfast and wind-down drinks every Friday, and have unlimited coffee and snacks to keep us going through the working week.
There’s also flexible working hours, your birthday off [because noone wants to work on their birthday], comprehensive health plan and a monthly benefit budget to spend on whatever you like, such as the gym, Netflix, Spotify or shopping vouchers.