Freelance Designer - 3 Month FTC
At 383, we design and build digital products and services for some of the best known brands in the world, helping them to generate millions of pounds in revenue. We work closely with them to get new ideas and business models validated, prototyped, built and into the hands of real customers within the shortest of timescales - velocity is key. Using agile working practices, design sprints and workflows, it’s an exciting place to progress your career and do the best work of your life.
We are looking for an experienced freelance designer to join our highly talented team on a 3 month contract to deliver thoughtful, well designed digital products and services to our clients, as well as build up a roster of impressive talent we can call upon for various tasks. It’s a fast paced environment, full of challenges to stretch your product thinking and to work within a team that really values their craft.
True to one of our core principles, we value people who think and don't follow. We are looking for a smart, forward thinking individual who has a strong base in design and wants to work on interesting and challenging projects. You should be just as happy reaching for your notebook and pen as you are jumping into Photoshop or Sketch.
Aside from the obvious requirements, you'll have:
* A solid grounding in core design principles
* Some experience of working with engineering, product management, user analysts and strategists
* Design skills for both mobile and web
* A portfolio of work showcasing your UI & UX design work
* Good written & presentation skills
* Several years of experience across a variety of different clients
* Awareness of methodologies like Jobs To Be Done and Agile
And as an added bonus you'll...
* Be able to code up a simple site in HTML & CSS
* Have knowledge of Sketch and Invision
* Have a keen interest in prototyping tooling & software
* Experience of video editing and compositing software
* The ability to assist with running design workshops and user testing
Closing date for applications: Friday 17 March
There's loads of great reasons to join the 383 team...
- Flexible working hours for night owls and early risers.
- Comprehensive health cover, dental cover and eye care.
- Free Gym, Cinema, Netflix or Spotify membership.
- 20 days holiday per year, +1 for every year you’re here (max 25).
- Your birthday off. Nobody wants to be at work on their birthday.
- Extended Christmas break on us which won’t come out of your holiday.
- A bonus holiday day per year if you can book early and help us plan.
- Annual '383 weekender'. Previous trips include Bruges, Budapest and Amsterdam.
- One month paid sabbatical after 5 years to learn and explore new things.
- Regular training, books and conference budget to keep you sharp
- Free 'fat Friday' breakfast every week.
- Real machine coffee, soft drinks, fruit and snacks on tap.
- Childcare vouchers for the parents amongst us.
- Cycle to work scheme to keep your miles up.