At 383, the strategy function exists to help clients decide what decisions to make / what actions to take now, and provide a roadmap for similar decisions in the future. Our work is primarily focused on helping large organisations improve their digital output - meaning that we typically get involved in creating digital products and services or improving digital customer journeys.
Within the studio, our strategy team works alongside our design and development teams to help create high performing digital products for clients. A strategist will enable teams to find the right answers, steer projects based on a long term vision and ensure that democratically we move together towards the right solution.
Above all, a strategist's job is to understand a client's market challenges, customers and commercial needs, then use those inputs to deliver a commercial return through digital means.
Typical areas that our strategy team work across;
• Customer Research
• Market Research
• Customer Interviews
• Stakeholder Interviews
• Business Model Invention
• Proposition development
• Innovation roadmap creation
• Product development (in terms of feature planning, backlog creation and UX, rather than UI/engineering).
• Digital Transformation
Tools/methodologies we would want the Director to be familiar with;
• Jobs To Be Done
• Customer Journey/Friction Mapping
• Future Scenario planning
• The 3 Horizons of Innovation
• Business Model Canvas
• Value Proposition Canvas
Closing date for applications: Friday 2nd December
Our strategy director will bring a wealth of experience as well as ambition and passion. The majority of the day to day looks like:
• Manage and inspire the strategy team to do the best work possible. Ensure that each team member has a clear and articulate CPD plan.
• Develop strong and mutually beneficial relationships with key clients by understanding their personal and business goals.
• Work with our commercial team and clients to define solutions to their business challenges and create accompanying programs of work.
• Ensure that for each client there is a defined and articulate long term strategy with an accompanying roadmap of opportunities that can be explored by the team.
• Work with our wider 383 team, including researchers, analysts, designers, engineers and project managers to create high performing digital products. Strategy typically take responsibility for setting the vision, defining the roadmap and with a project manager, owning the backlog.
• Throughout, and after programs of work, you’ll work to articulate the vision and report against it to ensure the long term success and sustainability of the solution.
It is also expected that in this role, you’ll support 383’s new business function in chemistry meetings and pitches as well as supporting the Marketing Director through speaking and writing on behalf of 383.
There's loads of great reasons to join the 383 team...
- Flexible working hours for night owls and early risers.
- Comprehensive health cover, dental cover and eye care.
- Free Gym, Cinema, Netflix or Spotify membership.
- 20 days holiday per year, +1 for every year you’re here (max 25).
- Your birthday off. Nobody wants to be at work on their birthday.
- Extended Christmas break on us which won’t come out of your holiday.
- A bonus holiday day per year if you can book early and help us plan.
- Annual '383 weekender'. Previous trips include Bruges, Budapest and Amsterdam.
- One month paid sabbatical after 5 years to learn and explore new things.
- Regular training, books and conference budget to keep you sharp
- Free 'fat friday' breakfast every week.
- Real machine coffee, soft drinks, fruit and snacks on tap.
- Childcare vouchers for the parents amongst us.
- Cycle to work scheme to keep your miles up.