Business Development Manager
About the team
383’s Business Development team lead on creating new client relationships, and selling in 383’s value proposition and custom approach to digital experiences for brands and consumers. Working in tandem with the Marketing team, they are first touch point for the client with our business, and are responsible for bringing in highly scalable and commercially viable client partnerships.
Collaborating with an agency pod team, they will devise the proposal for an initial work engagement, and be responsible for successfully transitioning the client relationship into the pod with distinction. Leading on the first impression of 383 with prospective clients, they are highly passionate about growing the existing roster of clients, and helping brands in new markets and sectors achieve digital transformation through 383’s services and products.
About the role
We're looking for a dynamic and commercially focused Business Development Manager to join our growing digital studio team. Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will be primarily responsible for executing 383’s new client business strategy, fostering new relationships and selling in the 383 value proposition and seeking out and closing the first commercial opportunity to work with new clients. In close partnership with the Marketing Director, you will identify, meet and convert target brands and organisations into clients.
You will be responsible for ensuring that 383’s existing and new agency pods have a full roster of clients and introductory opportunities for our production team to develop digital value propositions for those clients. You will take the lead on the initial engagement and pitch process, utilizing the agency pods as you require and ensuring that any new working relationships are successfully onboarded into the pod to be scaled out into partnerships.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Handling, qualifying and filtering all inbound new business enquires and create face to face meetings and business opportunities
- Maintaining a detailed knowledge of all 383’s case studies and projects in order to prepare insightful and relevant new business presentations.
- Inspiring our pipeline to the benefits and value of working with a unique partner like 383
- Identification and management of our prospect pipeline, ensuring they receive an outstanding and memorable 383 experience from first point of contact to onboarding
- Analysis and tiering of the current prospect pipeline, defining development plans and pursuit strategies for each tier and specific prospects
- Establishing and maintaining strategic relationships with prospects across their business at relevant seniority and job function.
- Building and enhancing the perception and understanding of 383 in the minds of our prospects, using the full suite of marketing tools at your disposal - where necessary collaborating with the Marketing team to generate bespoke communications, insights, and thought pieces
- Awareness of our prospects short/medium/long term strategic, business and personal objectives and plans, and ensuring that the unique 383 POV is demonstrated to them in a relevant and inspiring manner.
- Provision of guidance to the pods on the short/medium/long term commercial opportunities within specific prospects.
- Informing, contributing to and, where appropriate, leading on new business proposals (including RFP/RFIs) and pitches with the Commercial Director and relevant agency pod.
- Identification of problems within a prospect's business and sell in of relevant and appropriate solutions to their benefit and 383’s commercial gain.
- Being the first point of contact for our prospects, working with the Commercial Director and Head of Client Services to ensure all key stakeholders are man marked and the right members of the 383 onboarding team are introduced in a strategic and timely manner.
- Attending where relevant industry and networking events to draw new organisations into our pipeline
- 4 years experience in a commercially focused digital role within marketing or product development.
- Demonstrable and proven background in winning new business opportunities and consistently exceeding revenue targets.
- Successful track record of bringing sustainable new business partnerships into your sales organisation and transitioning them to client account teams.
- Have significant exposure to different project methodologies including Lean, Agile and Waterfall.
- Operated within an fast-paced and varied agency environment.
- Natural affinity for technology and innovation and the opportunities they present.
- Commercially driven to hunt down and close client partnerships and transition them into the business for further growth.
- Confidently articulate a value proposition with all levels of decision makers.
- Can clearly articulate client requirements in detail and cascade into client services and account managements teams within the business.
- Comfortable working with and maintaining consistently strong contact across new business prospects.
- Eager - to make the best possible impression with clients.
- Ambitious - hungry to close new business opportunities and transition them into scalable partnerships.
- Confident – to sell in all aspects of the 383 value proposition to any seniority level of client.
- Collaborative – working with your business peers to deliver best-in-class proposition to customers.
- Curious - Agile and commercial thinker about how technology can help businesses grow and excite their customers.
We’d love it if you…
- Have deep exposure to the sectors we have traditionally operated in - retail, travel, financial services and utilities.
- Have won awards at an individual level or as part of your client’s digital work
- Have been a part of a booming and successful start-up culture
There’s loads of great reasons to become a 383er. Alongside our annual 383 weekender, we hold regular company training days, 383 Labs days, share breakfast and wind-down drinks every Friday, and have unlimited coffee and snacks to keep us going through the working week.
There’s also flexible working hours, your birthday off [because noone wants to work on their birthday], comprehensive health plan and a monthly benefit budget to spend on whatever you like, such as the gym, Netflix, Spotify or shopping vouchers.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!