Head of Marketing
About the team
383s Marketing team play a vital and diverse role in the overall growth of 383. Ultimately responsible for driving all of our events, making sure you are delivering a marketing strategy built on our target customer’s pains and challenges, they’re responsible for knowing everything about our prospect audience and ensuring our plan of events, thought leadership and communications are consistent and as highly targeted as possible.
In Marketing, you’ll work hard to maintain 383’s big industry reputation across a number of touchpoints including events, content, awards and PR and will work tirelessly to promote the 383 brand and its values both internally and to the wider industry. Above all, it’s about helping to deliver a pipeline of opportunities to help us grow.
About the role
We’re looking for a proven and commercially driven Head of Marketing to join our growing digital studio team. Reporting into the Commercial Director, you will lead the Marketing efforts of 383 and be the flagbearer of best practice. You will form strategic alliances with prospects, our network, influencers and referrers and own their experience with 383 to drive leads within the Commercial team.
383 have an enviable position in the market. Lots of people want to do what we do, work for and with us, and be like us - but with this position comes significant responsibility to keep ahead of the game. This role is critical to us doing that. Your mission is to connect our proposition with our key audiences, through keeping your finger on the pulse to ensure it lands time and time again, to our commercial benefit.
As well as being the embodiment of the 383 values with all stakeholders - the Commercial team, internal, external & 3rd party - you will manage and direct a marketing budget to achieve our commercial objectives and an agreed ROI. You will have a close working relationship with senior people across the business, enabling us to drive better and more relevant engagement with prospects, at scale, across a growing range of mediums. You will often be our voice out there and at the coal face, with a team of specialists behind you to back you up and strengthen our market position.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Executing the marketing strategy through a well defined and targeted tactical marketing plan which you'll own and be accountable for
- Defining, iterating and constantly evaluating our entire marketing mix’s effectiveness to drive awareness and demand for 383 and our services, with the objective to deliver a pipeline of high-quality, qualified leads (both inbound and outbound)
- Definition and execution of 383’s content marketing strategy, including designing, generating, publishing, seeding, sharing and tracking our content - with the objective to generate leads in our target audience
- You will control all of 383s digital channels and activity (social, SEO, PPC)
- Delivering insights and analytics to keep 383 ahead and briefed on consumer trends and our competitors
- From time to time, you will need to represent 383 to the industry, our network, and at external events
- Seeking opportunities for 383 to share their POV and thinking (public speaking engagements, PR opportunities, in-house talks, thought pieces)
- Collaboration with our Business Development team and external partners on lead generation and conversion campaigns
- Design and execution of a robust, engaging and relevant programme of events for our prospects and network to hear our POV, and learn more about how 383 can benefit their business
- Setting up, management and commercialisation of 383’s strategic partnerships
- Hold first engagements with prospects to qualify opportunities and identify the right pathway within the business to help their conversion
- Control budgets and allocate resources accordingly
- Providing regular, analytical reports to the leadership team that shows ROI for budget spend and marketing activity against a scorecard of targets.
- You’ll champion our employee value proposition, ensuring the 383 brand attracts the best talent
- Proven experience of all aspects of digital marketing, from optimisation to tracking to conversion - you’ll have a clear understanding of programmatic re-targeting
- Demonstrable experience in a decision-making commercially-focused marketing role delivering YOY growth
- Creative approach to event programme design and management, the focus on networking
- Experience of designing a marketing strategy and tactical plan around driving high-quality inbound leads
- Experience in designing a content marketing strategy, from blogs through to white paper and in-depth thought pieces, and how best to seed them with our target audiences
- You will have experience of managing a network of contacts in publications, and the ability to grow this network, to ensure we have a share of voice with our target audience
- Excellent ability and understanding of digital marketing, tracking and reporting to impact 383s lead generation and awareness
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and organisational skills and the ability to lead and inspire stakeholders at all levels of the organisation to help you achieve your objectives
- Bullet-proof marketing planning and content programming, coupled with a take no prisoners approach to deadlines and delivery
- Analytical approach to our marketing strategy, channel mix and tactics - modelling ROI and enhancing business impact
- Astute budget planning and control of the annual marketing budget
- Holding yourself and others to account when it comes to marketing activity and its performance
- Inspiring, coaching and supporting key stakeholders to play their part as the voices of 383
- Often as the first touch in the 383 customer experience, you are required to relate to our network and prospects with empathy and engender trust, whilst assessing if the opportunity is of commercial benefit to us
- Current and knowledge of best practises in online marketing techniques
- Intensely curious about our industry, constantly understanding the latest trends, market powers and influences, and how that impacts 383
- Contributing to a can-do, roll-up-your-sleeves, objective & customer-needs focused environment
- You are brave and not afraid to try new tactics or opportunities to achieve your objectives
- You are supremely focussed on the effectiveness of activity to drive leads, not vanity metrics
- You will be at home with being accountable for your activities, and their output and outcomes
- Determined, inspiring, creative and analytical in your approach to bringing prospects into 383s orbit, and at scale
- Collaborative - alone you cannot succeed, so your success will depend on your ability to build teams and achieve shared outcomes
We’d love it if you…
- Professional chartered marketer (CIM) is a plus
- Experience with, and ability to recommend, the best software platforms to deliver on our objectives
- Passionate about digital, technology and how you can create positive change in the world
- Have won awards at an individual level or as part of your employers marketing initiatives
- Have been a part of a successful start-up culture.
There’s loads of great reasons to become a 383er. Alongside our annual 383 weekender, we hold regular 383 Labs days, share breakfast and wind-down drinks every Friday, and have unlimited coffee and snacks to keep us going through the working week.
There’s also flexible working hours, your birthday off [because no-one wants to work on their birthday], comprehensive health plan and a monthly benefit budget to spend on whatever you like, such as the gym, Netflix, Spotify or shopping vouchers.
Just to let you know...
We're thrilled with the applications we receive for our roles, and love taking the time to review them, but unfortunately we’re not able reach out to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application we’ll definitely be in contact with you!