About the team
383’s Engineering team is concerned with the design and fabrication of digital products and services. This might range from a proof-of-concept demo or a single sprint MVP build, to a fully CMS driven website or internationally distributed cloud based system. Whilst having involvement in the ideation, scoping and design, it is their ultimate responsibility to ensure that products are delivered to match the agreed functionality, spec and finish.
About the role
As a 383 QA Manager, you'll be required to take responsibility for all aspects of testing and will be required to work with development teams, project managers, end users and other stakeholders to ensure all criteria of testing are fulfilled. Sitting within the Engineering team, you will work closely with the Head of Engineering to define, shape and iterate our testing processes across the production studio and on a custom basis for each product we create and deploy.
Working at all junctions within from value proposition design to product development, you will be responsible for requirements gathering, generation of test scripts and test plans, integration with software components, and frequent feedback on our test processes to our teams. You will be the flagbearer for compliance against project deliverables and strong industry standards, and safeguard our delivery teams from releasing products that undermine our own high standards.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Take the lead on compliance and protection of our QA program
- Implementation of strong layer of quality control across all existing products we maintain and new products we plan to develop
- PR the QA program and its value at a company level consistently
- Conduct frequent risk assessments on the lifecycle of a product, from value proposition creation, to UX design and ultimate production
- Preparing and maintaining test plans and scripts that are repurposed and scaled out as part of our ongoing QA program
- Sharing real-time feedback to engineering and other delivery teams on product defects, and retesting fixes
- Liaising with suppliers, team leaders and engineers on QA requirements at all junctures of the product development lifecycle
- Consistently researching and creating match-fit test and QA strategies to implement within the 383 delivery process
- 2+ Years of Digital Agency Experience
- Implemented and scaled a QA program for digital production
- Strong understanding of industry leading test methods and processes
- Demonstrable experience in releasing products to a customer and client ready standard
- Worked with senior level stakeholders and commercial teams on selling in the value of Quality Assurance as a staple ingredient, not a commodity
- Led a QA program from the front, inclusive of managing a team
- Expert level in manual and automated testing procedures
- Highly analytical, and able to articulate results clearly to secure the right remedy
- Detail-orientated, you find the defects others won’t
- Solutions focused and confident taking ownership of problems and seeing them through to conclusion to achieve the best result possible
- Strong creator of clear and concise documentation compiling to support internal processes and individual project requirements
- Able to communicate and tweak language based on audience to secure buy-in to general and unique QA requirements
- An obvious leader, your word on quality and the QA domain is final
- A flagbearer for Quality Assurance within your business, you stand up for the integrity of the program and push back when you can foresee quality will be compromised
- Constant Improver - Willing to always learn, striving to make the and strive to make the next deployment the best deployment
- Enthusiastic - Raring to try new things, even if they don’t succeed
- Friendly - Happy to work and play with new people
- Brave - Have the courage to embrace risk and trust your teams to play by the rulebook
- Patient - Know when a different approach is required to win the hearts and minds of teammates and clients, while also appreciating their POV
We’d love it if you…
- Have worked corporately and in the start up/agency world so you have a keen understanding of how Quality Assurance works and is expected to operate in different professional relationships
- Have spoken publicly or produce content on the value of Quality Assurance and where its future lies
- Have a keen interest and exposure in automated testing and continuous integration procedures
There’s loads of great reasons to become a 383er. Alongside our annual 383 weekender, we hold regular company training days, 383 Labs days, share breakfast and wind-down drinks on Fridays, and have unlimited coffee and snacks to keep us going through the working week.
There’s also flexible working hours, your birthday off [because noone wants to work on their birthday], comprehensive health plan and a monthly benefit budget to spend on whatever you like, such as the gym, Netflix, Spotify or shopping vouchers.
Just to let you know...
We're thrilled with the applications we receive for our roles, and love taking the time to review them, but unfortunately we’re not able reach out to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application we’ll definitely be in contact with you!