About the team
383’s Design Team are critical to our operating system, being the area of the business focussed on Human Centred Design and how the things we develop for our clients affect real people. Working collaboratively with our Strategy and Engineering teams in developing elegant solutions for complex problems, they focus on both the needs of the end user through human centred design and the commercial goals of our clients.
Through the use of various proposition, service and experience design processes, the design team are responsible for the conceptual, visual and interactive design for the brands we work with, maintaining a strong emphasis on human-centred design. They enable brands to visualise user journeys and commercial opportunities, making quick decisions on product roadmaps to deliver best-in-class customer experiences.
About the role
Supporting the Head of Design and Senior Designers, you will assist in the development of ongoing project work at 383, from desktop and mobile interface designs, to UX, mapping and human centred design elements. While initially focussed on supporting ongoing project work, following design guidelines and evolving existing art direction, you will be expected to use your common sense to grow our design capabilities, our clients’ projects and the toolkit of resources we have at our disposal.
Using agile working practices, you will be responsible for ensuring that experience design processes are successfully followed, acting as the advocate of the user in all areas of project work but always keeping a strong commercial awareness of the project goals
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Designing digital interfaces across mobile and desktop platforms
- Designing for print and composite video where required on projects
- Support the Senior Designers and Head of Design on large-scale project roll-out
- Ensuring the day to day support and ongoing amends to existing projects are performed to a high quality
- Following project guidelines to seamlessly evolve and build out the creative assets on each project
- Seeking to apply meaningful motion design to your work
- Assisting in the creation of the design team process and toolkit frameworks
- Contribute to the design team across the full design process
- Exploring UX/UI/IXD fundamentals
- Using prototyping tools for rapid experimentation
- Researching and applying best practice design and human centred design principles and techniques
- Collaborating with the rest of the design team, wider 383 business and clients to develop the best solutions possible
- Partnering with strategists on a project to bring a product to life
- Supporting the creation and facilitation of workshops
- Demonstrating to the clients the value of UX and human centred design for real people
- Several years of experience across a variety of different clients
- Been a part of an agency environment working across multiple work streams simultaneously
- A solid grounding in core design principles
- Experience of working with closely engineering, product management, user analysts and strategy
- Produced client-ready and adopted UI & UX outputs consistently
- Design skills for both mobile and web
- Strong exposure to both UI and UX practices
- Have good working knowledge of Sketch, Adobe tools and Invision
- Good written & presentation skills
- Energetic - Your enthusiasm and desire to get involved elevates those around you
- Patient - With changing requirements and demands
- Measured - Assess all the options and decisions before choosing the path forward
We’d love it if you…
- Understand user psychology & practice Human Centred Design
- Have a keen interest in prototyping tooling & software
- Experience of video editing and compositing software
- The ability to assist with running design workshops and user testing
- Have an awareness of methodologies like Jobs To Be Done and Agile
There’s loads of great reasons to become a 383er. Alongside our annual 383 weekender, we hold regular company training days, 383 Labs days, share breakfast and wind-down drinks on Fridays, and have unlimited coffee and snacks to keep us going through the working week.
There’s also flexible working hours, your birthday off [because noone wants to work on their birthday], comprehensive health plan and a monthly benefit budget to spend on whatever you like, such as the gym, Netflix, Spotify or shopping vouchers.
Just to let you know...
We're thrilled with the applications we receive for our roles, and love taking the time to review them, but unfortunately we’re not able reach out to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application we’ll definitely be in contact with you!