Infrastructure Associate (6 Month Internship)
About the team
383’s Operations team work with the rest of the business to make 383 highly scalable, with a specific focus on defining and improving our business processes and systems. Their role is to re-imagine how we operate and implement new ways of more effective working across Marketing, Sales, Client Services, Programme Management, Finance, IT and HR.
They are responsible for our organisational design, and zoom in on creating efficiencies and profitability as their core duty. As well as taking the lead on hiring, training and development programmes, their world is one of constant improvement, identifying areas of friction across departments and developing the solutions to alleviate and remove barriers within our operation.
About the role
We’re looking for a high energy and self-starting talent to take a strong lead on our infrastructure and IT provision program in a wild start-up environment at our Birmingham HQ. You’ll work closely with our QA & IT Manager, Office Manager and Operations Director to ensure the smooth running of the office, and provide a well supported and scalable working environment for our wider team.
You’ll be responsible for implementing new initiatives, general maintenance of IT equipment and shared resources across our working spaces, while also having the freedom and autonomy to generate new ideas and bring them into production. This is a great opportunity to take hold of our existing infrastructure, turbo charging it to make it fit for the future.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Daily health checks of collaborative spaces
- On-call IT support for all 383ers
- Creation of self-serve support documentation, at individual and working space level
- Building out Infrastructure support documentation for department failover
- Flexible cover for Office Management duties, inclusive of Front of House
- Lead role on support for 383 events, inclusive of client workshops, demo days and conferences
- Ongoing gap analysis of Infrastructure and IT support for the business
- Full autonomy to make recommendations on hardware, software and use of office space
- Take a lead on infrastructure duties required for new internal projects, such as office redesign, installations etc.
- Contract, hardware and software maintenance at a business, team and individual level
- Up to one year experience in a similar role within an SME environment
- Worked extensively as part of an IT and infastructure led team
- A qualification or degree in a field relevant to infrastructure, such as technical engineering, maths, science or construction management
- A working understanding of key challenges facing SMEs across internal infastructure
- Exposure to and leading role in transformational-focused project/s requiring diligent planning and task management
- Working knowledge of computer networking, data organization, software and hardware
- Willing to seek out of the box solutions and implement with success
- Strong comfort level with budget planning, inclusive of navigating commercials with suppliers
- Data led, with strong analytical skills to inform recommendations and decisions
- Detail orientated in analysis, presenting, planning and delivery
- Enthusiasm - Its a start-up so anything goes!
- Positive - You’re up for trying new stuff, and seeing what’s possible
- Practical - There’s no panic, you just get stuff done with no fuss
- Reactive - 383ers and their clients are your no.1 customer
- Tech Geek - Yes seriously, we want cool stuff in the business!
We’d love it if you…
- Can operate to a budget and find solutions that fit within it
- Know what a gap analysis is and have previously made recommendations off the back of one
- Have demonstrable client-facing experience
- Worked on infrastructure across multiple office sites in the same role
There’s loads of great reasons to become a 383er. Alongside our annual 383 weekender, we hold regular company training days, 383 Labs days, share breakfast and wind-down drinks on Fridays, and have unlimited coffee and snacks to keep us going through the working week.
There’s also flexible working hours, your birthday off [because no one wants to work on their birthday], comprehensive health plan and a monthly benefit budget to spend on whatever you like, such as the gym, Netflix, Spotify or shopping vouchers.
Just to let you know...
We're thrilled with the applications we receive for our roles, and love taking the time to review them, but unfortunately we’re not able reach out to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application we’ll definitely be in contact with you!