About the team
383’s Commercial team develop new relationships between 383 and some of the world’s biggest companies by articulating and demonstrating the benefits of our unique proposition, products and process. Working closely with our Marketing team, they are the first point of contact for potential new clients and are responsible for creating partnerships that are commercially for successful for our clients and 383 alike.
They will identify, approach and develop dialogues with our target clients whilst communicating 383’s point of view on the world and sharing our expert thought leadership with them through workshops, content and events. They will also work with experts from across 383 to develop programmes of work that help those companies to get fit for the future and successfully onboard clients into 383.
About the role
We're looking for a dynamic focused Partnership Lead to join our growing team. Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will be primarily responsible for executing 383’s new business strategy, fostering new relationships and selling in the 383 value proposition and seeking out and closing the first commercial opportunity to work with new clients. In close collaboration with the Marketing Director, you will identify, meet and convert target brands and organisations into clients.
You will be responsible for ensuring that 383’s client teams have a full roster of exciting clients and interesting programmes across our Capability Building, Experience Design, Proposition Invention, Product Development and Innovation service lines. As well as developing relationships with new and existing members of the 383 network, you will take the lead on the initial engagement and pitch process, utilizing 383’s team of experts and ensuring that any new working relationships are successfully onboarded into the studio to be scaled out into partnerships.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Handling, qualifying and filtering all inbound new business enquires and create face to face meetings and business opportunities
- Maintaining a detailed knowledge of all 383’s case studies and projects in order to prepare insightful and relevant new business presentations.
- Inspiring our pipeline to the benefits and value of working with a unique partner like 383
- Identification and management of our prospect pipeline, ensuring they receive an outstanding and memorable 383 experience from first point of contact to onboarding
- Analysis and tiering of the current prospect pipeline, defining development plans and pursuit strategies for each tier and specific prospects
- Establishing and maintaining strategic relationships with prospects across their business at relevant seniority and job function.
- Building and enhancing the perception and understanding of 383 in the minds of our prospects, using the full suite of marketing tools at your disposal - where necessary collaborating with the Marketing team to generate bespoke communications, insights, and thought pieces
- Awareness of our prospects short/medium/long term strategic, business and personal objectives and plans, and ensuring that the unique 383 POV is demonstrated to them in a relevant and inspiring manner.
- Provision of guidance to the client teams on the short/medium/long term commercial opportunities within specific prospects.
- Informing, contributing to and, where appropriate, leading on new business proposals (including RFP/RFIs) and pitches with the Commercial Director and relevant agency client team.
- Identification of problems within a prospect's business and sell in of relevant and appropriate solutions to their benefit and 383’s commercial gain.
- Being the first point of contact for our prospects, working with the Commercial Director and Head of Client Services to ensure all relationships with key stakeholders are mapped to the appropriate level with the 383 team.
- Attending where relevant industry and networking events to draw new organisations into our network
- 4 years experience in a commercially focused digital role within marketing or product development.
- Demonstrable and proven background in winning new business opportunities and consistently exceeding revenue targets.
- Successful track record of bringing sustainable new business partnerships into your sales organisation and transitioning them to client account teams.
- Have significant exposure to different project methodologies including Lean, Agile and Waterfall.
- Operated within an fast-paced and varied agency environment.
- Natural affinity for technology and innovation and the opportunities they present.
- Commercially driven to hunt down and close client partnerships and transition them into the business for further growth
- Confidently articulate a value proposition with all levels of decision makers.
- Can clearly articulate client requirements in detail and cascade into client services and account managements teams within the business.
- Comfortable working with and maintaining consistently strong contact across new business prospects.
- Eager - to make the best possible impression with clients.
- Ambitious - hungry to close new business opportunities and transition them into scalable partnerships.
- Confident – to sell in all aspects of the 383 value proposition to any seniority level of client.
- Collaborative – working with your business peers to deliver best-in-class proposition to customers.
- Curious - Agile and commercial thinker about how technology can help businesses grow and excite their customers.
We’d love it if you…
- Have deep exposure to the sectors we have traditionally operated in - retail, travel, financial services and utilities.
- Have won awards at an individual level or as part of your client’s digital work
- Have been a part of a booming and successful start-up culture
There’s loads of great reasons to become a 383er. Alongside our annual 383 weekender, we hold regular company training events, 383 Labs days, share breakfast and wind-down drinks every Friday, and have unlimited coffee and snacks to keep us going through the working week.
There’s also flexible working hours, your birthday off [because noone wants to work on their birthday], comprehensive health plan and a quarterly benefit budget to spend on whatever you like, such as the gym, Netflix, Spotify or shopping vouchers.
Just to let you know...
We're thrilled with the applications we receive for our roles, and love taking the time to review them, but unfortunately we’re not able to reach out to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application we’ll definitely be in contact with you!