Senior Project Manager
About the team
383’s Project Management team plan, coordinate and deliver all of our closed sales opportunities, collaborating with our Strategy, Design and Engineering teams to execute digital projects to brief and on time.
They are responsible for planning resources, securing estimates, client communication and leading projects from the front to ensure both high quality and delivery to agreed scope. Comfortable in both agile and waterfall methodologies, the team is highly versatile, utilizing numerous software platforms and being responsible for revenue recognition and reporting to 383’s leadership team.
About the role
We're looking for a highly energetic, experienced and ambitious Senior Project Manager to join our digital studio team. Working closely with our Commercial team and Head of Project Management, you will have the knowhow and expertise to lead on any scale of digital project across our studio, bringing your experience to the fore to successfully navigate projects through concept, design, prototype, development and implementation, all while keeping budget and resource control aligned to 383’s business targets. A keen adopter of multiple project management methodologies, you will be versatile enough to manage multiple projects and clients simultaneously, successfully planning, prioritising and leading across all deliverables and resources within a programme of work.
Reporting directly to the Head of Project Management, you will work within a studio pod team, taking lead responsibility for delivery and client stakeholder comms during across multiple projects, as well as making decisions that ensure the pod is able to meet financial targets. Consistently managing client expectations, your duties will cover requirements gathering, project planning, budget and risk management, and all aspects of change management. You will be the model of best practice, providing mentorship and guidance to other project managers. Your ability to confidently make decisions and find solutions will support the team to deliver the high quality work that 383 is known for.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Confidently leading any format of project - from managing clients, schedules, risks, budgets, assets and adhering to scope.
- Using meticulous attention to detail and organisation.
- Delivering regular forecasts on project revenue against the targets
- Surfacing information on risk and issues in real time.
- Strong alignment with client side product owners, and internal strategy and creative teams, to produce innovative and scalable digital solutions and products.
- Organising and facilitating client workshops, encouraging participation from all parties and ensuring critical decisions are made.
- Being highly motivated and energetic, transmitting this through into project teams to produce work of the highest quality that 383 are known for.
- Being decisive and solutions-minded, able to progress a situation forward independently with ease.
- Mentoring other project managers on best practice on 383 operations, supporting them with making critical decisions on the direction of projects across the studio.
- Comfortably accommodating fast pace of changes, and implementing new 383 procedures and ways of working into your workflow at speed.
- Key contributor to the 383 OS, documenting new workflows and processes, and consistently training others within the Project Management team to work to a model of best practice.
- 5 years experience in digital project management.
- Worked in a digital agency for an extensive period.
- Have demonstrably used multiple project methodologies.
- Successfully delivered multiple projects over £50,000 in value for domestic and international clients.
- Significant exposure to senior client stakeholders and their product roadmaps.
- Strong background in budget management coverage across costs, charging and margin control
- 4 years of experience using project management focused software. Ideally, Jira, Confluence, SmartSheet, Synergist.
- Well practiced in Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects and working with different project teams simultaneously.
- Commercially focused, working closely with both Client Services and Sales teams and able to speak with confidence and direction at client level.
- Able to lead a project team confidently from the front, providing direction and arranging resources to support client and business objectives.
- Competently manages all aspects of changes to project scope, in-flight risks and associated issues with minimal impact to business operations, reporting on real-time project health status at any given time
- Confident in working with senior clients and internal leadership to achieve the best product solutions.
- Able to decode digital jargon and simplify for clients and stakeholders to ensure swift momentum on deliverables.
- Expert level proficiency in Atlassian tools, including Jira and Confluence, coordinating and overseeing tasks with ease and leading others on best practice.
- Calm - solutions-focused in all scenarios.
- Thinker - approach opportunities logically and with a scalable approach.
- Rigour - you are a lover of strong administration and value organization.
- Positive - no challenge is too big or small for you.
- Energy - you bring bags of it every day, the only way is forward!
We’d love it if you…
- Hold formal Accreditation in agile or waterfall methodologies
- Have a track record in delivering digital projects with values over £100,000
- Worked in a start-up and corporate environment and can bring sensibilities from both with you.
There’s loads of great reasons to become a 383er. Alongside our annual 383 weekender, we hold regular 383 Labs days, share breakfast and wind-down drinks on Fridays, and have unlimited coffee and snacks to keep us going through the working week.
There’s also flexible working hours, your birthday off [because noone wants to work on their birthday], comprehensive health plan and a monthly benefit budget to spend on whatever you like, such as the gym, Netflix, Spotify or shopping vouchers.
Just to let you know...
We're thrilled with the applications we receive for our roles, and love taking the time to review them, but unfortunately we’re not able to reach out to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application we’ll definitely be in contact with you!