Digital Product Owner
About the team
383’s Strategy team works to understand customer needs, market challenges, and revenue goals of brands, and use this data to deliver commercial returns through the creation of digital value propositions. Always seeking to balance the strategic goals of a client’s brand with the needs and expectations of their customers, they ensure any proposition they deliver is engaging and rewarding for the customer, and totally aligned to a client’s strategic plans and objectives. Focused on needs of the customers and helping brands decide what decisions to make, they determine what actions to take now and in the future, through the creation of products, services and the improvement of customer journeys.
They are responsible for working alongside our Design and Engineering teams to help create high performing digital experiences for our clients. Enabling brands to find the right answers to questions and challenges through the delivery process, and steer projects towards a long-term vision, they collaborate with stakeholders and product owners to agree and deliver on the right solutions for their business.
About the role
As a Digital Product Owner, you will work as part of the Strategy team and be ultimately responsible for ensuring the agreed strategic vision for a product is technically realised through the 383 studio. Working with 383’s Production team, you will be the glue that binds together client requests, working to refine the why, when, what and how of each product feature, and helping to define their fidelity, priority and purpose for the client.
You will be responsible for rallying our Strategy, Design, Engineering and Data teams to understand effort, cost and product benefits for all new features, and be able to document them into both a backlog and regular release plan, so that 383 can continuously deploy upgrades to products that provide real and ongoing value to our clients. If you’re highly ambitious, technically minded and would love to play a leading role in helping our clients maintain game-changing products and services, this is the role for you.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Technically realising the long term purpose and direction of the product with the Strategy team
- Leading requirements gathering effort on the epics as needed — consulting with the lead Strategist, Engineering, clients, and other stakeholders
- Documenting user story details based on the epics after reviewing with Engineering
- Attending and taking a lead in dev standups, retrospectives, and demos
- Facilitating ballot management with clients to decompose and estimate stories
- Aligning with Design on UX & UI outputs
- Answering questions from software engineers and clarifying client requirements
- Documenting all new features for implementations and compiling release notes
- Writing detailed acceptance criteria
- Demonstrating the latest product iterations to customers (pre-release) and gathering feedback.
- 2+ Years in a Digital Product Owner role
- Expert level at planning against and delivering on a product vision
- Full comprehension of the product lifecycle and how ideas get translated into physical code and delivered to users
- Successfully launched and maintained several live products
- Led on product demonstrations for internal and external stakeholders
- Worked in close proximity to commercial stakeholders and Strategy teams to support the sale and prioritisation of roadmap features
- An ambassador for the Digital Product Ownership discipline, through writing content and speaking at events
- Constantly draws inspiration from other live, successful and disruptive digital products.
- Use data to rationalise product decisions and make the appropriate cases to stakeholders for feature prioritisation based on the same data
- Defend the position of the customer in every product decision made.
- Communicates up and across with ease, canvassing opinion and involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Linkes the actions of customers and how the brand generates revenue to ensure decisions are made in with the brands business model at their heart.
- Converts tactical opportunities to build new features and drive commercial and physical return for brands and their customers with ease
- Able to use a full suite of digital tools and platforms to plan and communicate the work that you do
- Consistent management of working product backlog with clients to bring the most valuable features to the foreground
- Able to succinctly and accurately articulate each feature with user stories and feature requests to internal and external stakeholders
- Inquisitive - You love change and assessing the impact
- Reliable - You’re the person clients and peers always want to work with
- Thinker - You approach opportunities logically and with a scalable approach.
- Compassion - You sit in the shoes of customers and their joy is your motivator
- Energy - you bring bags of it every day, the only way is forward!
We’d love it if you…
- Have worked in a digital agency or start-up environment and have exposure to the fluidity and agility required to succeed
- Navigated multiple clients product roadmaps and continuous releases simultaneously
- Have strong proficiency in conducting user research, and analysing and interrogating the raw data
There’s loads of great reasons to become a 383er. Alongside our annual 383 weekender, we hold regular company training days, 383 Labs days, share breakfast and wind-down drinks every Friday, and have unlimited coffee and snacks to keep us going through the working week.
There’s also flexible working hours, your birthday off [because noone wants to work on their birthday], comprehensive health plan and a monthly benefit budget to spend on whatever you like, such as the gym, Netflix, Spotify or shopping vouchers.
Just to let you know...
We're thrilled with the applications we receive for our roles, and love taking the time to review them, but unfortunately we’re not able reach out to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application we’ll definitely be in contact with you!