About the team
383’s Operations team work with the rest of the business to make 383 highly scalable, with a specific focus on defining and improving our business processes and systems. Their role is to re-imagine how we operate and implement new ways of more effective working across Marketing, Sales, Client Services, Programme Management, Finance, IT and HR.
They are responsible for our organisational design, and zoom in on creating efficiencies and profitability as their core duty. As well as taking the lead on hiring, training and development programmes, their world is one of constant improvement, identifying areas of friction across departments and developing the solutions to alleviate and remove barriers within our operation.
The primary role of the Talent Manager is to source individuals that will be a good fit for 383, in terms of competency, experience and fit.
They will, as well as taking the lead on hiring, training and development programmes, their world is one of constant improvement, identifying areas of friction across departments and developing the solutions to alleviate and remove barriers within our operation.
About the role
We are looking for a personable and driven individual to head up talent and recruitment at 383. As a growing, ambitious studio it's critical that we are able to source, attract and retain outstanding people across a variety of disciplines including creative, development and client services from management level to graduate. You'll be involved with the full recruitment cycle from advertising, sourcing, negotiating, liaising with candidates, scheduling interviews, and regular follow-ups to track performance throughout their time at 383.
You will also take the lead on devising events and ensuring we have 383 presence at regional networking opportunities to give us exposure to emerging and established talent in the midlands region, and using our social channels to amplify life at 383 loud and clear. This is your chance to build upon a stable and established recruitment program and turn the dial up to eleven.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Developing a growing talent pool through innovative outbound and inbound techniques
- Liaising with department heads on resource requirements and working with Central Services to deliver against the agreed hiring plan
- Developing 383 branded job specifications and packages
- Directly sourcing a pipeline of talent from the local region for each role launched
- Carrying out initial first stage interviews with candidates to assess background, capabilities and business values alignment
- Monitoring and assessing all inbound career applications, flagging key talent to hiring managers to progress applications at pace
- Scheduling all recruitment activities for hiring managers directly with candidates
- Managing and co-ordinating all work experience opportunities and graduate scheme connections
- Negotiating all candidate job offers through to role closure
- Scheduling and attending probationary reviews, and coordinating their support administration
- Creation and delivery coordination of all talent attraction PR materials, inclusive of blog posts and social assets
- Responsible for high cadence of 383 social channels activity highlighting live roles and life at 383
- Attendance and encouraging strong 383er attendance at local networking events to meet new talent and follow up with relevant hiring managers
- Devise and support internal events to bring regional talent into 383 HQ to network with our team
- Ongoing review of the current recruitment program, and supporting software, and re-versioning to fit your own model.
- Worked in an (recruitment) agency or start-up environment in a recruitment capacity for a minimum of four year years
- Demonstrable experience in multiple methods of sourcing and candidate contact to find the correct match, with successful case studies to support
- Led on interviews and have a proven method to assess competency and fit
- Strong background in successfully closing roles, with proof of candidate staying power in said roles
- Extensively created and used branding materials and social channels to support the drive for talent
- Full competency in ATS platforms such as Workable, and sourcing tools including LinkedIn Recruiter
- Expert negotiator with candidates to ensure their requirements around family, fit, freedom, fortune and fun are met - in line with the needs of their role
- Galvanise hiring managers to review and meet with talent at speed
- Competent Networker - you represent your business with ease, knowing what they do, and where they can help talent.
- Focused on quality matching rather than hitting target numbers
- Highly creative, and able to bring a business to life in the eyes of talent where others can’t
- Ambitious - You will take what exists, put the cherry on top, and then build it all again to make it even better.
- Excited - You scream from the rooftops when you unearth a talent gem.
- Passionate - You love the business, there is no bigger advocate than you.
- Personable - Hiring Managers love working with you, candidates do too.
- Winner - You won’t let a great talent pass you by, nothing will stand in your way.
We’d love it if you…
- Are well versed in candidate sourcing and inmailing through LinkedIn Recruiter
- Have experience of Workable’s ATS and can manage an existing talent pipeline through it
- Hold a strong blackbook of talent contacts across the creative, development and commercial sectors in the midlands region
- Have successfully recruited in international markets and aware of the challenges and opportunities it brings.
There’s loads of great reasons to become a 383er. Alongside our annual 383 weekender, we hold regular company training events, 383 Labs days, share breakfast and wind-down drinks every Friday, and have unlimited coffee and snacks to keep us going through the working week.
Just to let you know...
We're thrilled with the applications we receive for our roles, and love taking the time to review them, but unfortunately we’re not able reach out to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application we’ll definitely be in contact with you!