Freelance Designer - 3 Month FTC
At 383, we design and build digital products and services for some of the best known brands in the world, helping them to generate millions of pounds in revenue. We work closely with them to get new ideas and business models validated, prototyped, built and into the hands of real customers within the shortest of timescales - velocity is key. Using agile working practices, design sprints and workflows, it’s an exciting place to progress your career and do the best work of your life.
Due to ongoing workloads, we're looking for an experienced freelance designer to join our highly talented team on a 3 month contract to help deliver thoughtful, well designed digital products and services to our clients, as well as continue to build up a roster of impressive talent that we can call upon for various tasks.
It’s a fast paced environment, full of challenges to stretch your product thinking and to work within a team that really values their craft.
True to one of our core principles, we value people who think and don't follow. We are looking for a smart, forward thinking individual who has a strong base in design and wants to work on interesting and challenging projects. You should be just as happy reaching for your notebook and pen as you are jumping into Photoshop or Sketch.
Aside from the obvious requirements, you'll have:
* A solid grounding in core design principles
* Experience of working with closely engineering, product management, user analysts and strategy teams
* Design skills for both mobile and web
* A portfolio of work showcasing your UI & UX design work
* Have knowledge of Sketch, Adobe tools and Invision
* Good written & presentation skills
* Several years of experience across a variety of different clients
And as an added bonus you'll...
* Understand user psychology & practice Human Centred Design
* Have a keen interest in prototyping tooling & software
* Experience of video editing and compositing software
* The ability to assist with running design workshops and user testing
* Have an awareness of methodologies like Jobs To Be Done and Agile
There's loads of great reasons to join the 383 team...
- Flexible working hours for night owls and early risers.
- Free 'fat Friday' breakfast every week.
- Real machine coffee, soft drinks, fruit and snacks on tap.
- Cycle to work scheme to keep your miles up.
- A great, down to earth culture and the chance to work on some great projects with a bunch of nice people (seriously, we're lovely).
Just to let you know...
We're thrilled with the applications we receive for our roles, and love taking the time to review them, but unfortunately we’re not able reach out to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application we’ll definitely be in contact with you!