About the team
383’s Product team works to understand customer needs, market challenges, and revenue goals of brands, and use this data to deliver commercial returns through the creation of digital value propositions and products. Always seeking to balance the strategic goals of a client’s brand with the needs and expectations of their customers, they ensure any proposition they deliver is engaging and rewarding for the customer, and totally aligned to a client’s strategic plans and objectives. Focused on the needs of the customers and helping brands decide what decisions to make, they determine what actions to take now and in the future, through the creation of products, services and the improvement of customer journeys.
They are responsible for working alongside our Design and Engineering teams to help create high performing digital experiences for our clients. Enabling brands to find the right answers to questions and challenges through the delivery process, and steer projects towards a long-term vision, they collaborate with stakeholders and product owners to agree and deliver on the right solutions for their business.
About the role
We're looking for a technical, adaptable, resourceful and commercially focused Business Analyst to join our growing digital studio team. Reporting to the Product Director, you will be primarily responsible for helping to understand and articulate the functional requirements for the products and services that we produce for our clients.
Working closely with the rest of the Product, Design and Engineering teams, you will be responsible for ensuring that we're creating with purpose by taking user requirements, having a deep understanding of user experience with a solid technical background to understand the art of the possible.
You will take the lead across a range of projects covering a broad spectrum of clients and sectors, helping to bring together insight and requirements and converting these into functional specifications that can be further defined by our Engineering team.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Working with the rest of the production team to gain a high level understanding of active projects and clients
- Deep diving in to the project objectives and situational analysis to fully understand the goals and requirements
- Communicate with internal colleagues and client stakeholders to understand the needs of the client and end users as a whole
- Defining the specific requirements including both ‘happy and unhappy’ paths a user will take through a product or feature.
- Considering the opportunities and potential risks attached to the suggestions you have made
- Identifying the processes and information technology required to introduce your recommendations
- Gaining agreement, usually from senior management & stakeholders, for the best method of introducing your recommendations for the project
- Communicating the benefits of your recommendations across departments and help to address any uncertainty and concern
- Producing written documentation to support your work, report on your findings and to present to stakeholders when necessary
- Supporting the internal and client teams in making the recommended changes, including helping to resolve any issues
- Ensuring plans are made and processes are created to evaluate the impact of the changes made, including taking responsibility for overseeing and reporting on this evaluation throughout the project duration.
- Ideally you will have at least 5 years experience in a product focused digital role within marketing or product development.
- You'll have a strong technical background (maybe you were once a web developer or technical project manager).
- Demonstrable and proven background in helping to shape, define and implement functional requirements within a project.
- Successful track record for integrating with various teams and stakeholders to implement change.
- Have significant exposure to different project methodologies including Lean, Agile and Waterfall.
- Operated within an fast-paced and varied agency environment.
- Natural affinity for technology and innovation and the opportunities they present.
- Commercially driven to understand the impact of your recommendations.
- Confidently articulate a value proposition with all levels of decision makers.
- Can clearly articulate client requirements in detail and cascade into production, client services and account management teams within the business.
- Comfortable working with and maintaining consistently strong relationships with senior client stakeholders.
- Eager - to make the best possible impression with clients.
- Ambitious - hungry to strive for the best solution (which may not be the easiest) and see these from concept to completion.
- Confident – in your approach and recommendations, sometimes when these may appear risky.
- Collaborative – working with your colleagues and peers to deliver best-in-class proposition to customers.
- Curious - seeking out not only the latest, but most relevant and purposeful technology and UX solutions.
We’d love it if you…
- Have deep exposure to the sectors we have traditionally operated in - retail, travel, financial services and utilities.
- Have won awards at an individual level or as part of your client’s digital work
- Have been a part of a booming and successful start-up culture
- Have experience in coaching and developing agile teams
There’s loads of great reasons to become a 383er. Alongside our annual 383 weekender, we hold regular company training events, 383 Labs days, share breakfast and wind-down drinks every Friday, and have unlimited coffee and snacks to keep us going through the working week.
Just to let you know...
We're thrilled with the applications we receive for our roles, and love taking the time to review them, but unfortunately we’re not able to reach out to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application we’ll definitely be in contact with you!